- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Limited Edition
- Stated Age
- 13 years old
- 75% ex-bourbon casks and 25% ex-sherry casks
- Number of bottles
- 48.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 27 Apr 2021 8:39 pm by JimvanVeen
59 × in wishlist
87 × member ratings
486 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Hazelburn 2007
17 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.02 points
- It makes a pleasant change from all of the heavily sherried releases Springbank have been putting out there recently. I especially like that some delicate nuance can be detected in this dram, instead of being drowned out by heavy cask influence.
- If the Springbank 12 CS is too hard and strenuous for you: here is the alternative. Although it has significantly fewer notes typical of Springbanks, enough dirt flashes through here and there so that it cannot disguise its origins.
Very clear and pure nose with vanilla, honey and fresh yeast plait. At the beginning you might think that the whisky lacks all the elements typical of Springbank, but over time the moist pebble comes along and a little salt comes. Everything slowed down a bit, which is most likely due to the triple fire. In any case, it is not “dirty” at all, but it does not have to be. Spring flowers, light apple, fresh apricots.
Tastes like spring, tastes like more - pleasant start, slightly oily. Vanilla, honey, yellow apple, spring flowers, cereals, fresh bread. The ex-bourbon casks definitely prevail here. Now here he has something that seems “dirty”: a notion of machine oil and chain grease, there is a little workshop feeling here. Marzipan, malt, some allspice.
Medium to long, dry. It's fun because he doesn't really want to leave the tongue. You can taste the aromas of the palate forever: mainly vanilla and yellow apple with cloves.
- Soft, drinkable malt in springbank style. Balanced and tasty.
Balance 22. Total deserved 87-88
The fragrance immediately recognizes the Springbank distillery style. Sun-dried fruits with lemon zest. A little cream. Notes of fresh varnish. 22
Oily fruit and berry mixture. Dried apricots, tofi, raisins. 22
Not very long, but pleasant and warming.
- TASTING NOTES by SPRINGBANK:
Deliciously smooth and creamy like lemon cheesecake with notes of vanilla, citrus and crushed digestive biscuits.
Fruity; ripe peach and crisp, juicy red apples. The bourbon influence promotes notes of vanilla whilst there are hints of honey and orange rind with a developing undertone of liquorice.
Delicate, grassy freshness with subtle hints of honey and glazed dates.
- Not very promising on the nose at first, much better on the palate - overall quite drinkable
Little citric, little leafy, some yellow fruits, hints of honeydew, whiffs of vanilla and old books - overall quite reluctant
Little punchy, fruity, good sweetness, orange syrup, little lemony, peach, apple, vanilla, spices, hints of ginger
Medium long, warm, more punchy, spicy, lemon zest, little herbal
- Creamy, vanilla, orchard fruits, bit of citrus, quite pleasant
- Smooth, Light, Simple ...
Nose - 21
Taste - 22
Finish - 21
Balance - 21
Rating - 85